Sunday, November 29, 2009

Still here.....

yes...in case any of you were wondering, I am still alive and kicking. I guess things have been so busy with trying to keep "normal" life going, I haven't had the energy to sit down and blog about it. I can't believe that I only have one more chemo treatment left! When I was told in August that I was going to have to go through this, 5 months seemed like such a long time. Don't get me wrong, it has been a long road, but it really is going by fast. The last treatment went pretty good. I was definitely more physically exhausted, but not quite as sick. I think my last one will be better because of the mental victory, knowing that I have completed the battle! What a feeling it will be when I can stand up and claim VICTORY!

Things have been challenging at home trying to maintain a sense of normalcy. When that week of chemo is over and I start feeling better, I want nothing more than to be a normal wife and mother. But, my body just doesn't allow me to do that. The simplest of things, like going to the grocery store, are physically exhausting. It is really easy to start feeling really depressed. That's when I have to remember, I might be feeling better, but the battle is still raging inside my body. I just picture all of those cancer cells (if there are any) getting destroyed by the chemo. That pumps me up. The hardest part is when my baby girl is sitting on my lap crying, because I can't go watch her program at school because I'm too weak from the treatment and just can't be around all those people. That breaks my heart. She is so young and she doesn't understand all of this. She just wants her mommy back. Little does she know that when I am done with all of this, she is going to be sick of me. She will want me to stay home once and awhile! I can't wait for that day!

God has provided me with some amazing opportunities to share my story with people that would normally never hear it. I got a call from my pastor at church and was asked to share my story at the Thanksgiving service last week. People prayed all week that I would have the strength to make it, just 5 days after my treatment. I made it and managed to make the entire church cry. I just pray that my story touched just one person and made them realize that with God all things are possible....! Even the most impossible situations! This week, I am going to speak at my nephew's class at Boulder Creek High School class and share my story. Thanks you Lord for enabling and equipping me! It's all for your honor and glory!!

I will try and be better about updating. It will be a busy week, trying to get the house decorated for the holidays. Bye for now.

1 comment:

  1. Jen, you amaze me! So proud of you today. Thanks for going into Chase's class to talk about this journey....and looking so "hip" too. Chase was proud to call you his aunt. Who knows how God will use this to speak to those kids. God will continue to use you to tell your story and you will continue to touch people's lives. One more to go! Can't believe either that you are at the end of this. You are a changed person, with a new perspective on life. I can see how you've grown closer to the Lord because at times through this journey, He was the ONLY thing that brought you through. I am so blessed by you! I feel like we've even grown closer. You are very special to me and I am priviledged to call you my sister. Come on Jen, one more time...you got this thing! I've still got your back (and can bring you chik-fil-a again after treatment!) Love you, Jacq

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Jen's Journey of Faith

If you are looking at this blog, you probably already know that I was diagnosed with Stage 2 Invasive Breast Cancer on July 1, 2009. It came as an absolute shock to me and my family. I love the Lord Jesus Christ, he is my Savior and I wouldn't be able to go on without my personal relationship with Him! His is a peace that passes all understanding! And there is know way on earth I can come to understand why I got cancer at the age of 37. But, the fact is I did and I intend to make the most out of this experience. God has chosen me to endure this and I consider it an honor that he found me strong enough to be able to beat this! He doesn't give us anything we can't handle! He must have a lot of faith in me! I named this blog Jen's Journey of Faith, because that's exactly what this is. The only way I can complete this journey is by complete faith in Him! Let the Journey begin..........