Thursday, December 10, 2009

Cinderella....

Most of you will probably think that I am losing my "marbles" after you read this post, but the people that this is really meant for will totally understand!!

As a mother, I pray that I will never hear the words that one of my children has cancer. At the beginning of this "journey" I guess I didn't really stop and think about how this all affected my mom. Even though all of her kids are grown, she is still a mom. Now, she was dealing with one of her children fighting cancer. My mom is the most amazing woman that I know. This has probably been the hardest on her! I could not have done this without her. She has totally put her life on hold, for me and my family. We have a standing joke around here.... Mom's nickname is "Cinderella" . She is always running around this house, working while I lay in bed. She is either making dinner, doing laundry, vacuuming, running to the store for my latest cravings, just sitting on the edge of the bed, rubbing my legs. From the very first day of chemo, she is available to do whatever is needed of her. And that is usually a lot!!

Cinderella, today was your last "chemo" day to work. I can't thank you enough. Words can't even BEGIN to express how much help you have been to me and my family!!! I love you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Jen's Journey of Faith

If you are looking at this blog, you probably already know that I was diagnosed with Stage 2 Invasive Breast Cancer on July 1, 2009. It came as an absolute shock to me and my family. I love the Lord Jesus Christ, he is my Savior and I wouldn't be able to go on without my personal relationship with Him! His is a peace that passes all understanding! And there is know way on earth I can come to understand why I got cancer at the age of 37. But, the fact is I did and I intend to make the most out of this experience. God has chosen me to endure this and I consider it an honor that he found me strong enough to be able to beat this! He doesn't give us anything we can't handle! He must have a lot of faith in me! I named this blog Jen's Journey of Faith, because that's exactly what this is. The only way I can complete this journey is by complete faith in Him! Let the Journey begin..........