Sunday, September 6, 2009

New beginnings....

The day finally came. My scalp was getting really sore. It felt like a bad sunburn. I decided that I didn't want to wait to find my hair laying on my pillow or in the shower. I wanted to have control over when and where it came out. I was ready today. Jackson, John and Jadyn were right there cheering me on. Jackson actually did his first. Then, it was my turn. I'm not going to try and act like it was easy. Because it wasn't. It was probably one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. But, it actually feels really liberating now. It's the last old thing to come off that the cancer was attached to. Now it is nothing but new beginnings.





















4 comments:

  1. The prettyist girl We've ever seen! We love You Darlin!
    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please don't cry! You look fabulous!!! You pull it off so well :) You all look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "If a picture paints a thousand words"...Thanks for sharing those Jen. You are amazing! You are beautiful inside and out. You all three look really cute with the buz cuts :) I love the pixie cut for when your hair comes back in! Love you so much!! Wend

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the above from Wendy! You are beautiful, inside and out!!! You have just made it through another big mountain in this journey. This was something that you feared from the beginning - and you DID it, and with style I might add! Even if you don't always feel it, you are AMAZING!!! I love you so much. Thanks for letting me share this journey with you. I love you! Jacq

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Jen's Journey of Faith

If you are looking at this blog, you probably already know that I was diagnosed with Stage 2 Invasive Breast Cancer on July 1, 2009. It came as an absolute shock to me and my family. I love the Lord Jesus Christ, he is my Savior and I wouldn't be able to go on without my personal relationship with Him! His is a peace that passes all understanding! And there is know way on earth I can come to understand why I got cancer at the age of 37. But, the fact is I did and I intend to make the most out of this experience. God has chosen me to endure this and I consider it an honor that he found me strong enough to be able to beat this! He doesn't give us anything we can't handle! He must have a lot of faith in me! I named this blog Jen's Journey of Faith, because that's exactly what this is. The only way I can complete this journey is by complete faith in Him! Let the Journey begin..........