Friday, July 24, 2009

Focus.......

Well, the last 24 hours have been somewhat challenging. We have discovered that I am allergic to my pain medicine. So, I got to spend the entire night scratching off my top layer of skin. I thought that I was going to lose my mind!!! Then, after talking to the doctor, we had to wait another 3 hours for them to call in another kind. I guess my pain wasn't a top priority to them. They should have been here at the house with me! They might have changed their tune!

My family has been amazing! John has been amazing. Don't get me wrong, it was getting a little rough last night, between me itching to death and John not getting enough sleep. It would have made a funny movie. We survived without any bloodshed. It was a busy day with a lot of "comings and goings".

A friend of mine sent me a beautiful email that was so encouraging to me. I would like to share some of it with you. It came from an interview from Pastor Rick Warren. He was talking about the struggles he has been having with his focus during this hard time of his wife battling cancer.

" Life is a series of problems. Eith you are in one now, you're just coming out of one, or you're getting ready to go into another one. The reason for this is that God is more interested in your character than your comfort, God is more interested in making your life holy than He is in making your life happy.God din't put me on earth just to fulfill a to-do list. He's more interested in what I am than what I do. That's why we're called human beings, not human doings.
Happy moments, PRAISE GOD.
Difficult moments, SEEK GOD.
Quiet moments, WORSHIP GOD.
Painful moments, TRUST GOD.
Every moment, THANK GOD.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your journey with all of us. You are very coureagous. I am thankful to know you and although my life is hectic and have troubles I feel like there is more hope after reading your blog.
    Take care of yourself. I hope you rest better tonight.
    Love,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Jen's Journey of Faith

If you are looking at this blog, you probably already know that I was diagnosed with Stage 2 Invasive Breast Cancer on July 1, 2009. It came as an absolute shock to me and my family. I love the Lord Jesus Christ, he is my Savior and I wouldn't be able to go on without my personal relationship with Him! His is a peace that passes all understanding! And there is know way on earth I can come to understand why I got cancer at the age of 37. But, the fact is I did and I intend to make the most out of this experience. God has chosen me to endure this and I consider it an honor that he found me strong enough to be able to beat this! He doesn't give us anything we can't handle! He must have a lot of faith in me! I named this blog Jen's Journey of Faith, because that's exactly what this is. The only way I can complete this journey is by complete faith in Him! Let the Journey begin..........