Thursday, July 30, 2009

Blessings.....

Today I was reminded all day of God's blessings. Yesterday was such a bad day. There was nowehere to go but up. I talked to a neighbor friend that is just finishing her battle with this horrible disease and I needed a peptalk! Boy, did she give it to me. I wanted sympathy for having to go through chemo, and her response was, "so what!!" "that's your insurance" "everytime you go in there for those injections, you thank the Lord for that healing medicine going in to my body to give me one more day with my family and one more day with my husband!" Boy, did that snap me out of my pity party! She reminded me that I need to focus on God's blessings and gifts instead of all that has been and probably will be taken from me. Everyday is a gift! Think of everything that I have been given. I have an amazing Savior in Jesus Christ, that I didn't have to give anything for except my heart! That's quite a gift. He gave His life for me! How can I complain about such trivial things like boobs and hairloss!! Yes, I know that I am human and my response was completely natural. But, I just need to make sure that I don't focus on those things. Focus on the blessings!!!!!!!

"Rejoice in the Lord always. And again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of god, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy--meditate on these things. Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content. I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."--Ephesians 4:4-8, 11-13

1 comment:

Welcome to Jen's Journey of Faith

If you are looking at this blog, you probably already know that I was diagnosed with Stage 2 Invasive Breast Cancer on July 1, 2009. It came as an absolute shock to me and my family. I love the Lord Jesus Christ, he is my Savior and I wouldn't be able to go on without my personal relationship with Him! His is a peace that passes all understanding! And there is know way on earth I can come to understand why I got cancer at the age of 37. But, the fact is I did and I intend to make the most out of this experience. God has chosen me to endure this and I consider it an honor that he found me strong enough to be able to beat this! He doesn't give us anything we can't handle! He must have a lot of faith in me! I named this blog Jen's Journey of Faith, because that's exactly what this is. The only way I can complete this journey is by complete faith in Him! Let the Journey begin..........