Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The journey has begun.....

Well, I didn't have the strength left last night to do a post. I spent the day so completely busy, that I pretty much exhausted myself emotionally and physically. I got into bed with my husband and spent about an hour crying in his arms. I had done everything I could to avoid that moment, but knew that it needed to come. I know that it's a natural response and I needed to mourn with him. He needed it too. It was probably the most precious and most emotionally intimate time we have ever had together. It reminded me that no matter how strong I may be, I need to take that time for myself to just be human. God's presence was so strong, it was amazing. We can sense His hand in all of this. None of it feels like an accident. To lighten the moment, John started to sing "my God is so big, so strong and so mighty, there's nothing my God can not do." It was our kids favorite song to sing when they were little, and it was just so fitting to hear that song. Pretty funny. Most of you will probably be reading this when I am already in surgery. Please pray for my family most of all today. I will be so high on drugs, I will be fine. They are the ones that have to endure a long , stressful, boring, day.

"MY GOD IS SO BIG, SO STRONG and SO MIGHTY, THERE'SS NOTHING MY GOD CANNOT DO!!!"

Love you all, thanks for your prayers and support.

Till next time....

7 comments:

  1. Now you got me all teared up. I know you will do great today :) What a beautiful post. You can uplift anyone around you--no matter what the circumstance, including your family!Thinking of all of you, Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen,
    we are with you, and John and the kids all the way....Proverbs 3:5-6 TRUST IN THE LORD with all your heart...I know you are doin this. As you are going through surgery your kids are doing fine. We have gone swimming, out to lunch and to the store. we prayed and their prayers were wo pricious. Jadyn prayed for her mommies bobo to go away:). Jackson prayed...he understands God's perfect plan for his mommy. We love you and thanks for sharing your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mom ,
    I know you are through some hard times but its according to gods plan we cant do anything about it but even after the surgery you will be a strong beautiful wowman and i cant ask for a better mom than you love you get well soon
    Love ,
    Jackson

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, this is Uncle Mick. Now I am all teared up. First off Jen..you are my hero and a true rock! You are standing strong, but tender. All in God's perfect plan is right. Your post is beautiful, and our conversations have been precious.

    Jackson - you are the man. Those are beautiful words you have shared with your Mom.

    Wendy, Cody, Cooper and I are praying constantly for everyone and for His will to be done. Our church is also praying.

    Praise God about today's news from your surgery. Your family gets stronger and more beautiful every moment!!!!

    Love you Sis, and your whole family.
    Uncle Mick

    p.s. I am sure John's song was beautiful, but not the singing. :) JK - Love you bro!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow sis! I can't believe how good you looked tonight after surgery. Your hair was still perfect! Ben was thoroughly disappointed when I told him :) I am so proud of you and your faith during all of this. I'm learning a lot! Love you bunches...Megs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Jen,

    My name is Debbie Pubins and I work in Women’s Ministry at Palmcroft. As a sister in Christ, I just wanted to let you know that I have been very touched by your blog and you have been constantly on my mind and in my prayers. I praise God with you and your family today as I heard the results of your surgery! You have chosen well to walk this journey in a way that is bringing glory to God and I know that your willingness to share your experiences will bring hope and strength to others who are going through difficult times. May God bless you and your family richly in the coming days and months.

    In Christ’s love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenn,

    You had said to me that you wanted all of this to be a testimony of your relationship with Christ - WOW! How can anyone read your blog or watch you and your family and not want to know the Savior that you know! We are all so proud of you!! All GLORY to our Savior for the good news from surgery! You are a Princess, a Masterpiece(Eph. 2:10) - don't ever forget it! I am continually praying for you my sweet sister in Jesus! I love you! Becky East

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Jen's Journey of Faith

If you are looking at this blog, you probably already know that I was diagnosed with Stage 2 Invasive Breast Cancer on July 1, 2009. It came as an absolute shock to me and my family. I love the Lord Jesus Christ, he is my Savior and I wouldn't be able to go on without my personal relationship with Him! His is a peace that passes all understanding! And there is know way on earth I can come to understand why I got cancer at the age of 37. But, the fact is I did and I intend to make the most out of this experience. God has chosen me to endure this and I consider it an honor that he found me strong enough to be able to beat this! He doesn't give us anything we can't handle! He must have a lot of faith in me! I named this blog Jen's Journey of Faith, because that's exactly what this is. The only way I can complete this journey is by complete faith in Him! Let the Journey begin..........