Thursday, July 23, 2009

Home sweet home!!

Well, I have survived my first 24 hours after surgery! A friend of mine, gave me great advice. She said go to sleep with a smile on your face and then you are sure to wake up from surgery with a smile still on your face. It really worked! It was an amazing feeling to wake up and know that the cancer is out of my body!! I have been so touched by everyone's prayer and support. I can already see God's work in all of this. There have been people reading my blog that I would have never thought would ever be interested in what is going on with me. I am finally home and looking forward to a quiet week of recovery. I will try and keep everyone updated as often as I can. I'm not making any promises though. Thanks again for all of your prayers...and thank you in advance for all of the meals. That will be a huge help.

2 comments:

  1. Good Morning Jen!!!

    Welcome home. Romans 12:12 Be JOYFUL in hope, be PATIENT in affliction, faithful in prayer.

    James 1:12 BLESSED is the women who perseveres under trial because when she has stood the test, she will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love Him.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen-
    You've been on my mind and in my prayers all week. You are such an inspiration and an amazing woman! When I grow up I wanna be just like you!
    Big hugs and take care!
    Brenda,
    "Your organizing buddy" ;)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Jen's Journey of Faith

If you are looking at this blog, you probably already know that I was diagnosed with Stage 2 Invasive Breast Cancer on July 1, 2009. It came as an absolute shock to me and my family. I love the Lord Jesus Christ, he is my Savior and I wouldn't be able to go on without my personal relationship with Him! His is a peace that passes all understanding! And there is know way on earth I can come to understand why I got cancer at the age of 37. But, the fact is I did and I intend to make the most out of this experience. God has chosen me to endure this and I consider it an honor that he found me strong enough to be able to beat this! He doesn't give us anything we can't handle! He must have a lot of faith in me! I named this blog Jen's Journey of Faith, because that's exactly what this is. The only way I can complete this journey is by complete faith in Him! Let the Journey begin..........